List Price: US$ 49.99
The current book introduces the methodology of data envelopment analysis (DEA) as a data-oriented operations analytics. This data analysis tool analyzes multiple performance metrics, integrates multi-dimensional data into a composite index, and recommends directions for improvement. A number of DEA books have been written for conventional and new DEA models. Yet, many of these books still require fundamental and necessary knowledge on linear mathematical optimization. This book is uniquely designed to present the DEA methodology in an applied setting where a reader is not required to have the knowledge on linear programming and linear algebra.
Topics include balanced benchmarking, best-practices, concept of relative efficiency, and performance improvement. Examples in both manufacturing and service industries are provided. Specifically, the data analysis technique discussed can help organizations to test about their assumptions about productivity and provide guidelines for continuous improvement.
By studying this book, readers are expected to
1) Learn data analysis tool for balanced benchmarking when multiple (sometime conflicting) key performance metrics are present.
2) Develop balanced benchmarking models for specific applications.
3) Identify best practices where traditional data analysis tools are not able to succeed.
4) Integrate different measures without the need to convert them to dollar value.
5) Handle information which are in different scales and units of measurement, and non-economic factors.
6) Perform productivity and market analysis along with operational performance evaluation.
Download full Preface (160 kb)
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Balanced Benchmarking
Chapter 3: Data Envelopment Analysis
Chapter 4: Performance Improvement
Chapter 5: Cases
Chapter 6: Benchmarking Share
Download detailed Contents (114 kb)
Chinese Version 中文译本
Published by Science Press 科学出版社
Professors Yande GONG and Xiang LI
Nanjing Audit UNiversity